May 08, 2008

Up and Down

I finished feeding Sarah breakfast and placed her in the family room to play while I cleaned up. She usually crawls around and investigates her toy bin, methodically emptying its contents onto the floor. As I was cleaning up her bowl and bib I thought it strangely quiet. I turned to check and saw her climbing the stairs at lightening speed. I didn't dare gasp because I was afraid she might startle and fall. So I watched and smiled as our little speed racer excitedly climbed each stair. She would periodically look to see if I was watching and then happily babble as she continued. Of course she completed them with out any complication. Our next lesson is teaching her to go down... not in the head first direction that she currently attempts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is the sweetest girl! It would be to great if Sarah and NoƩlani could hang out some time : ) One day...