May 03, 2008

Long Live Community Garage Sales

When I was but a wee sapling my mother would take me around thrifting and rummaging through garage sales. I quickly learned the art of spotting a good deal and the hidden potential of a discarded item. Therefore, when our subdivision hosted its Spring Community Garage Sale, I was focused and ready. As soon as our sweet pea was fed and happy we headed down the street to see what we could find. Immediately we came across this brand spankin new bike, and since Luke was in need of some wheels, we snatched it up for a mere $10. Now that Luke and I were mobile, we needed something for the babe. Not long after we found this gently used trailer for a whopping $5. A little elbow grease and a new inner tube set us up for traveling with the wind in our hair.

Along the way, we found this table for practically nothing. We were looking for something a little bigger and sturdier, so it now has found a new home in our dinning area.

I came across a treasure when I found these dishes. They are 'Denby' stoneware and hardly ever used. One 'Denby' plate alone sells for $32 at Macy's... I got service for 10+ with 3 different size plates, 2 different size bowls, multiple serving platters, creamer, sugar bowl, salt and pepper shakers, butter dish and a couple other items for a whopping $40!

No comments: